Our brokerage platform provider and custodian, Interactive Brokers, requires that two-factor authentication (2FA) is enabled.
MobileTrader is both our mobile trading platform, as well as your default 2FA security application. Install it on your iOS or Android mobile device now.
How does it work?
Approximately 1-2 weeks after your Euro Pacific Trader account has been activated, you will be required to enter a 2FA code upon login. The code will then be sent to your MobileTrader, which allows you to log into your trading platform.
If you have multiple Euro Pacific Trader accounts with distinct usernames, you can access all of those accounts from MobileTrader.
1. Launch MobileTrader on your iOS or Android device.
2. Tap the Register Two-Factor button. If you do not see this button, please look for the “Services” button in the upper left corner.
3. Follow the instructions on your device. You will be asked to log into MobileTrader using your standard Euro Pacific Trader login details, as well as register your mobile phone number.
4. Enter your Euro Pacific Trader username and password and tap Continue.
5. Enter your mobile phone number, correspondent country, and tap Get Activation SMS. Please note your device must be able to receive SMS.
6. You will receive an SMS containing an Activation Token. Enter the token into the Activation Code field. Tap Activate.
7. Sign out of your Euro Pacific Trader platform.
8. Sign back in and you will see the notice “A message has been sent to your phone. Tap the link on your phone to complete secondary authentication.” Look for the push notification on your MobileTrader to authorize your login.
Not receiving it?
1. If you do not receive the push notification on your MobileTrader, on your existing Euro Pacific Trader login page, click the link that states “Click here if you did not receive the message.”
2. You will be provided a “Challenge Code” that you need to enter in your MobileTrader to manually authenticate you.
3. On your MobileTrader’s Services page, click the “Authenticate” button.
4. Enter the Challenge Code from your login screen.
5. Follow the instructions to generate “Response String”, which you will need to enter on your login screen.
6. Click Login.
Alternative 2FA Methods
SMS verification is the only alternative 2FA method at this time. MobileTrader authentication is viewed as the most secure and convenient way to authenticate you.
1Euro Pacific Trader is offered by Euro Pacific Securities Inc. (“Euro Pacific Securities”), as an Introducing Broker to Interactive Brokers LLC. Interactive Brokers LLC is the custodian, technology provider, and clearing broker to all transactions executed through Euro Pacific Trader and thus the rates, conditions, and examples shown on this site may be subject to change and differ from what is displayed on Euro Pacific Trader. The rates, conditions, and examples on this site are provided on a best-efforts basis and should not be taken as final.
Euro Pacific Securities will not be held responsible for pricing and conditional discrepancies that may arise in the normal course of offering Euro Pacific Trader. Customers should always review and rely on the conditions that are shown directly on Euro Pacific Trader, and it is the responsibility of all customers to carefully review the conditions of every action before approving execution on Euro Pacific Trader.
Interactive Brokers LLC is a registered Broker-Dealer, Futures Commission Merchant and Forex Dealer Member, regulated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the National Futures Association (NFA), and is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and several other self-regulatory organizations. Interactive Brokers LLC does not endorse or recommend any introducing brokers, third-party financial advisors or hedge funds, including Euro Pacific Securities. Interactive Brokers LLC provides execution and clearing services to customers. None of the information contained herein constitutes a recommendation, offer, or solicitation of an offer by Interactive Brokers LLC to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument or to engage in any specific investment strategy. Interactive Brokers LLC makes no representation, and assumes no liability to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on this website.
For more information regarding Interactive Brokers, please visit www.interactivebrokers.com.