The Precious Metals Storage Account is composed of Euro Pacific Bank’s government-guaranteed, physical gold and silver accounts, giving you the security of physical precious metals while maintaining the convenience and access of a private bank.
As a result, you can protect your purchasing power in spite of future currency, counter-party, and political risks, ultimately increasing your freedom. Travel the world without needing to take your bullion with you. Simply log into your Online Banking to track your Precious Metals Storage Accoaunt holdings, from anywhere in the world.
There are three important security characteristics of the Precious Metals Storage Account. First, Euro Pacific Bank stores all precious metals through The Perth Mint in Australia’s government guaranteed Perth Mint Depository Program (PMDP).
Second, Euro Pacific Bank is audited and regulated by OCIF in Puerto Rico and the international accounting firm Deloitte & Touche LLP. In addition, The Perth Mint itself is wholly-owned by the triple-A rated Western Australian Government and audited regularly.
- Geographically isolated with stable economic and political systems
- Major source of world gold supply; refines over 400 tonnes of gold per year
- Supplies Gold and Silver blanks to mints worldwide
- Insured by international insurers and by the Australian Government
- Follows advanced physical, electronic and procedural security protocols
Approved Dealer Status
Euro Pacific Bank has approved dealer status at The Perth Mint, making us the world’s only offshore bank with this type of relationship. You can review the Bank’s listing directly from the Perth Mint website. For more details on The Perth Mint’s storage program and the safety of your metals, we encourage you to read this analysis of their gold and silver storage facilities and security.
How to Purchase
Easily convert cash in your bank account into physical gold and/or silver following the steps below.
- Log into your eBanking.
- In the Trading menu, click Buy/Sell and Precious Metals Trading.
- Select the type of metal you would like to own and enter the weight or cash amount.
- You will receive a confirmation of your order and we will process the order as soon as possible, during Perth Mint trading hours.
- After the trade has been executed at The Perth Mint, the cash will be debited from your bank account and your precious metals holdings will be visible in your Accounts Overview.
Fees to Buy, Sell, and Store
Gold and silver are purchased and sold at the spot price + commission.
|$1 – $5,000||4.00%||4.00%|
|$5,000.01 – $20,000||3.00%||0.50%|
|$20,000.01 – $50,000||2.50%||0.50%|
|$50,000.01 – $100,000||2.25%||0.50%|
|$100,000.01 – $500,000||2.00%||0.50%|
|$500,000.01 – $1,000,000||1.50%||0.50%|
*Orders are executed during Perth Mint business hours. Please note that only market orders are accepted.
Annual Storage Fees
|Precious Metal Type||GOLD||SILVER|
|Fee (debited quarterly from bank account)||0.00%||0.95%|
Bank Card Access
One unique feature of owning gold and silver in your Precious Metals Storage Account is bank card access. Unlike other precious metals products, we offer the access and flexibility of quickly liquidating some of your holdings and spending the cash proceeds by ATM withdrawal or point-of-sale.
The bank card is accepted in over 210 countries and territories and millions of merchants worldwide.
Do I need a bank card?
The bank card is completely optional and is currently only available to residents of SEPA.
How does the card work?
After you’ve funded your Euro Pacific Bank current account, you can follow these instructions to order a bank card. As the bank card is considered a “prepaid” card, you’ll need to fund it with cash from your current account. You’ll then be able to track your transactions inside your eBanking.