All Global TradeStation accounts and open positions will be closed on June 30, 2019
If you would like to transfer your open equity positions (stocks, bonds, or ETFs), it is your responsibility to have a receiving brokerage account ready before the June 30, 2019 deadline so we can initiate a securities transfer to your broker.
The purpose of this article is to assist you transfer your equities (stocks, bonds, and ETFs) from your Global TradeStation (GTS) account to another broker of your choice. Saxo Bank is the current custodian and technology provider of the GTS platform, until June 30, 2019.
- Only equities (stocks, ETFs, and bonds) are eligible for transfer
- If you have margin product positions (options, futures, CFDs, etc.) that you would like to maintain, schedule a call below with our Sales & Trading team
- Your receiving brokerage account’s account name must match your account name with us, i.e. first party
- We cannot guarantee that your receiving broker supports all of your securities
- Saxo Bank only processes Depository Trust Company (DTC) transfers
1. Do you have another brokerage account open?
A brokerage account at another institution must be open in order to start the securities transfer process.
If you are interested in opening an account directly at Saxo Bank, we can introduce you to Saxo Bank’s retail team and you would work with them to open an account. After your account is open, Saxo will be able to transfer your positions internally, with the exception of margin products. We cannot offer any guarantees relating to your account opening because they are a separate institution.
2. Complete Stock Transfer Request Form
You can download the form here and fill in all of the required information, which includes:
- Security name and symbol
- Open Price (Cost Basis) or Average Price
- Receiving broker contact details
- Receiving account number
Request a pre-filled Stock Transfer Request Form
For your convenience, we can generate a pre-filled form for you to complete and sign. For a pre-filled form, please email us at [email protected] and include:
- Broker name (Company)
- Name of contact person or department that handles transfers
- Email address of broker or transfer department
- Your account number at the broker
- If possible, please also provide an account statement showing your name and account number
3. Print and sign your form
Please print, sign, and scan it back to us. Before signing, please compare your form to this example:
4. Saxo Bank initiates transfer with your broker
We will forward the signed Sock Transfer Request Form to our Saxo Bank admin team, who will initiate contact with your receiving broker. Transfer times vary greatly, depending on how responsive your receiving broker’s transfer department can communicate with Saxo Bank. The average transfer takes 1-2 weeks.
Please notify your receiving broker and do not trade while your transfer is pending.
After you have completed your transfer form, please refrain from buying or selling equities, to prevent complications during the securities transfer. Please also notify your receiving broker that Saxo Bank will be contacting them to initiate the securities transfer.
5. Check the status of your transfer
Saxo Bank may or may not notify us when the transfer is complete, so we recommend that you check your receiving brokerage account periodically for the securities.